Efficient quality control for turbine blade manufacturing
Manufacturers and suppliers use optical measurement technology to accelerate production start-up time long before first sample testing actually takes place. What’s more, GOM systems provide a full range of control functions during the production process such as:
- Inspection of ceramic cores
- Inspection of wax models
- Analysis of shrinkage and warp
- Optimization of injection molds/processes
- Control of cooling tunnel systems (EMP)
- Shape and dimension analysis of cast and forged components
Housings & Components
GOM systems can be used to measure anything from very small turbine blades up to turbine housings and large aggregates, as well as research papers for sale voluminous components for digital mock-ups. Air inlet rings and combustion chambers for assembly control are also easily measured (ATOS 3D Digitizer, TRITOP CMM).
Repair & Maintenance
Maintenance and repairs are enormous cost factors throughout the entire product cycle.
In addition to wear and tear analyses, GOM optical measurement technology supports the planning and control of repair jobs (ATOS 3D Digitizer).
- Digital coordinate measurement of damaged/prepared surfaces
- Verification of material deposition
- Inspection of repair work
Dynamic Deformation Measurement
Dynamic deformation measurement visualizes the behavior of aerodynamic structures in real use. During running operations, for example, vibration, acceleration, deformation and imbalance can be analyzed (PONTOS Dynamic 3D Analysis).