GOM Inspect Professional
The new approach of parametric inspection
GOM Inspect Professional is a process-safe, parametric, traceable evaluation software for dimensional analysis of 3D point clouds from white light scanners, laser scanners, CTs and other sources.
Evaluation software for point clouds
GOM Inspect Professional automatically converts point cloud data into 3D mesh data and offers extensive post-processing functionalities. Inspection is performed by comparing scanned data to nominal CAD and analyzing false-color plots, 2D sections or multiple inspection points.
Features GOM Inspect Professional
GOM Inspect Professional has an extended function array that builds on the free GOM Inspect software for inspections and analysis of measurement data. From the measurement result right back to the creation of an element, GOM Inspect Professional offers wide-ranging and comprehensive traceability with parametric inspection. This contributes greatly to process security throughout the entire system.
Evaluation tools for an extensive analysis of parts and components
- Import of point clouds: ATOS, STL, ASCII, …
- Polygon mesh generation: smoothing, thinning, hole filling, …
- CAD Import: CATIA V4, CATIA V5, PRO/E, Unigraphics, IGES, STEP, JT-Open, Parasolid, …
- Measurement plan import: ASCII, CSV, FTA, …
- Multiple alignments within one project: automatic pre-alignment, RPS, 3-2-1, plane-line-point, best-fit, hierarchical, …
- CAD comparison: surface, sections, points, …
- CAD-based primitive generation: lines, planes, circles, cylinders, cones, …
- Curvature based inspection: flush and gap analysis, spring-back analysis, inspection of form and character lines, …
- Trend/SPC analysis
- 2D section-based analysis
- Inspection functions: dimensions, virtual calipers, angles, diameters, …
- GD&T analysis based on ISO 1101 and ASME Y14.5 standards
- Reporting: first article inspection, tables (e.g. VDA), free definable report templates, …
- GOM Inspect: Free 3D viewer
Instead of using a macro engine, every single element knows its path of creation within the software structure. All actions and evaluation steps are completely traceable and interlinked, and can be easily modified or adjusted. A one-button solution updates all dependent elements automatically after changes.
GOM Inspect Professional offers deep and comprehensive traceability, from result back to element creation, to increase overall process safety. The exact creation parameters, measurement and point selection of any element are known and can be traced back to origin and checked.
Trend: SPC & Deformation Analysis
GOM’s established parametric inspection approach is applied to multiple data sets for trend, SPC and deformation analysis. This allows simple full-field data analysis in one project on multiple parts or stages and complete parametric inspection.
Teaching By Doing
With GOM’s Teaching By Doing, all evaluation steps are available without the need for scripting, advanced planning or user intervention. Teaching By Doing reduces programming time to zero. The result is identical workflows for single and multiple part evaluation, saving time and costs.
GOM’s inspection approach is based on measuring principles. A measuring principle defines the method used to create an actual element and it assures the automatic link between nominal and actual data.
GOM Inspect Professional offers freely configurable measuring principles accessible via I-Inspect. I-Inspect stands for intelligent inspect and is the operator’s guide through the inspection process. Interaction with the software is reduced to one button, thereby saving overall time and costs for inspection tasks.
Reporting for first article inspection
Measuring reports are adapted to the inspection task using fully customizable report templates. Tables are available, e.g. in standardized VDA format. All measuring results can be shared with customers and colleagues using the free GOM Inspect 3D viewer.