PONTOS – Dynamic 3D Analysis
In contrast to conventional displacement measuring systems, the PONTOS system reduces the measuring procedure to a fraction of the time. In addition, the understanding of the measuring results is visually supported by an animated representation.
PONTOS replaces conventional displacement measuring systems and accelerometers. Independent of the structures to be measured, displacements and deformations are captured rapidly in a non-contact manner.
- Door/hood slam
- Dynamic behavior of components
- Component position in windtunnel
- Deformation measurement of aerodynamically loaded structures
- Drop tower tests
- Verification of simulations
The dynamic measuring system PONTOS provides for any number of measuring points information about:
- 3D Coordinates
- 3D Displacements
The easy handling of the robust measuring system allows its use directly on-site with the component to be measured in its natural installation position and environment. Complex measuring tasks in the automotive industry as well as in the aerospace industry can be solved easily and fast.
- Complex motion analysis
- Component deformation
- Mode shapes
- Relative motion
- Gap size changes
- Simple specimen preparation
- Ultra-light measurement targets
- Frame rates independent of the number of the captured markers
- Customized triggering of the image acquisition
- Recording of analog signals
- Insensitivity to ambient conditions, such as vibrations and light changes
- Easy adjustment to different measuring areas and tasks
Complete workflow in one software application
The entire measuring, evaluation and documentation process is carried out within the integrated PONTOS Software. The full potential of the available hardware is used to capture and evaluate the measuring area efficiently and with high accuracy.
The PONTOS system records analog signals to trigger the image capturing and to document the load situation and the measuring sequence.
|Camera Resolution (pixel)||up to 1024×1024|
|Frame Rate (Hz)||up to 5000 (1000000)|
|Measuring Area||cm² up to >m²|
|Accuracy||depending on measuring area up to 0.001 mm|
|Number of measured markers||unlimited|
|Specimen Temperature||typ. -100°C up to +1500°C|